Saturday, October 27, 2007

11th Hour WIP

My knitpicks order arrived today with my needle set! So I can finally start working on the sock yarn I've amassed. I'm got enough to make four pairs - I think I'm going to do the Spiral Boot Sock from Interweave Knits Summer 2007 first using the glossy burgundy yarn - that's the one I'm the most excited about. But doing a cute black ankle sock would probably be the wisest one to get finished - I'm looking at the Vog On pattern from knitty for that one. The other two socks I was thinking were Monkey (knitty) and Jaywalker (magknits) mostly because of their popularity and to see what all the hype was about. I am pretty into the jaywalker pattern, but most of what I like are the chevron stripes with contrasting yarn, and while it SAYS it's good with varigated yarn I'm not 100% sure I agree.

I need to get started on those handmade socks because my new shoes are a half size too large (actually in a perfect world they'd only be a quarter size too big, but whatev..) Thin socks won't cut it with these smoking new shoes, only artistic chunky handknit socks will do.
New shoes

I'm nearly finished with my very own newsboy cap, but I ran out of yarn right near the end! Arg!!
My Newboy in Progress

I've also decided that I'm sick of laming my flickr account with photos of wips and yarn photos. I'm going to make a new ravelry flickr account.

No comments: