Wednesday, June 18, 2008

More than a slump

I don't feel like knitting.
Yeah. It's weird, I know.
I'm feeling a bit unsettled about it.

I finished knitting an unbiased bag which I semi-ruined by boiling it in vinegar because the colors wouldn't stop bleeding. It's now stiff and a muddy purple color. It might look fine once lined. If I recall correctly I wasn't that excited about MY unbiased bag before it was lined either.

I started working on some alpaca Dashing gloves for my boyfriend for his birthday - which was in early May. It sat there forever, and then I broke a needle - so things are at a standstill on that front as well.

So my plans are to buy some new double-points (maybe order a set on knitpicks, maybe metal so they're harder to kill) and work on a new unbiased bag with what's left of my sari silk. Hopefully I can figure out a way to set the color without ruining the fiber this time...

But yeah, I miss making stuff. I'm praying the lazy wears off soon.

No comments: